Lifestyle Changes for Anti-Aging
“A youthful appearance comes from two things: smooth, firm skin, and a bright, even-toned complexion,” says dermatologist Howard Sobel, MD, director of the New York Institute of Aesthetic Dermatology and Laser Surgery. Here are some simple, cost effective and natural ways to achieve those results.
For smooth, firm skin:
- Eat a diet high in omega-3 fatty acids, as well as foods with vitamins E and C- these nutrients help promote collagen production.
- Avoid alcohol- this dehydrates the skin, causing it to look less elastic.
- Get enough sleep- this helps your body produce human growth hormone, which helps skin remain elastic.
For a bright, even-toned complexion:
- Avoid refined sugars- these cause skin to become dull with a yellow coloration.
- Eat essential fatty acids (avocado, nuts, seeds, etc.)- these have anti-inflammatory properties that can alleviate skin redness.
- Exercise at least 3 times per week- this increases oxygen flow to skin, which adds radiance to your complexion.
To read more anti-aging tips, read the full Health.com article.